R. Kelly Victim Granted First Dibs to Singer’s Sony Music Royalty Funds in Court Ruling

Argentina Noticias Noticias

R. Kelly Victim Granted First Dibs to Singer’s Sony Music Royalty Funds in Court Ruling
Argentina Últimas Noticias,Argentina Titulares
  • 📰 billboard
  • ⏱ Reading Time:
  • 31 sec. here
  • 2 min. at publisher
  • 📊 Quality Score:
  • News: 16%
  • Publisher: 63%

A state appeals court has resolved a dispute over who gets access to R. Kelly's account to pay for monetary judgments, but major questions remain unanswered.

R. Kelly arrives at the Leighton Courthouse for his status hearing in relation to the sex abuse allegations made against him on May 7, 2019 in Chicago.victim who won a $4 million judgment against the singer will get first crack at pulling money from the singer’s royalty account with Sony Music — after the Illinois Supreme Court ruled that her claims should take priority over a Chicago landlord that’s also owed millions.

Thursday’s decision upheld a lower court’s earlier ruling that Williams — and not Midwest Commercial — should be given priority access to the royalties because she was the first to properly demand the money from Sony. That earlier ruling had ordered Sony to hand over to Williams “any funds currently in Kelly’s royalty account,” and to keep giving her his royalties until the judgment was paid off.

But the $4 million judgment was already upheld once by an appeals court, and Bonjean said she faces an “uphill battle” to overturn the judgment because of the actions of Kelly’s prior lawyers.

Hemos resumido esta noticia para que puedas leerla rápidamente. Si estás interesado en la noticia, puedes leer el texto completo aquí. Leer más:

billboard /  🏆 112. in US

Argentina Últimas Noticias, Argentina Titulares

Similar News:También puedes leer noticias similares a ésta que hemos recopilado de otras fuentes de noticias.

San Diego State's first family of fandom doesn't take Aztecs' success for grantedSan Diego State's first family of fandom doesn't take Aztecs' success for grantedKen Ables has been around San Diego State athletics, in this instance men’s basketball, long enough to appreciate success and not be spoiled by it
Leer más »

‘Worst boyfriend’ scammer, accused of swindling $1.8M, should be jailed for life says first victim‘Worst boyfriend’ scammer, accused of swindling $1.8M, should be jailed for life says first victimThe first known victim of Nelson Counne, charged with $1.8 million in romance scams, tells the Post he was a Purple Heart and 9/11 liar.
Leer más »

NYC offers free halal iftar meals for Ramadan, Comptroller Lander saysNYC offers free halal iftar meals for Ramadan, Comptroller Lander saysMuslim New Yorkers facing food insecurity during Ramadan will be able to pick up free iftar meals at designated locations in all five boroughs starting today.
Leer más »

Victim Dies Hours After East San Jose ShootingVictim Dies Hours After East San Jose ShootingBREAKING: The victim of a shooting in East San Jose this morning has died, and the shooter remains at-large, police say.
Leer más »

Megyn Kelly and Sunny Hostin Are Beefing Now ApparentlyMegyn Kelly and Sunny Hostin Are Beefing Now ApparentlyKelly fired back at Hostin after “The View” host claimed she “bested her most of the time” when the two both worked for Fox News.
Leer más »

Second Dallas shootout victim dies in fight over 'disrespect'Second Dallas shootout victim dies in fight over 'disrespect'23-year-old Jacory Simpson died on Tuesday after he was shot outside a shopping center at Dallas' Red Bird intersection last week.
Leer más »



Render Time: 2025-04-03 15:21:22