Oakland Athletics rookie pitcher Shintaro Fujinami is being moved to the bullpen; will be available for relief duty starting Tuesday.
ANAHEIM — Oakland Athletics rookie pitcher Shintaro Fujinami is being moved to the bullpen after struggling in his first four major league starts.
A’s manager Mark Kotsay said before Monday night’s game against the Los Angeles Angels that the Japanese right-hander would be available for relief duty starting Tuesday. Fujinami is 0-4 with a 14.40 ERA. He allowed eight runs on seven hits, with three walks, a hit batter and two wild pitches in 2 1/3 innings during last Saturday’s 18-3 loss at Texas.“It’s tough. We gave him four outings,” Kotsay said. “His fastball and splitter can be devastating and in shorter stints. We’re hopeful to get him out there to build his confidence back up and just continue to grow from there.
The 29-year-old Fujinami signed a one-year, $3.25 million contract with Oakland after spending 10 seasons with the Central League’s Hanshin Tigers. He could earn an additional $1 million in performance bonuses for starts.
Argentina Últimas Noticias, Argentina Titulares
Similar News:También puedes leer noticias similares a ésta que hemos recopilado de otras fuentes de noticias.
Oakland A’s send struggling high-profile pitcher to bullpen after only four startsOakland Athletics rookie pitcher Shintaro Fujinami is being moved to the bullpen; will be available for relief duty starting Tuesday.
Leer más »
Rangers’ Jacob deGrom strikes out 11, allows one earned run versus Oakland AthleticsARLINGTON — Well, he looks healthy. Texas Rangers pitcher Jacob deGrom — in his first start since he left Monday’s game against Kansas City with wrist...
Leer más »
Rob Manfred's spin can't shift blame for A's ballpark situation from John FisherThe investment made in the Oakland Athletics by their fans across decades has been...
Leer más »
Manfred: ‘Sorry’ for Oakland fans; denies claim that the franchise used negotiations with the city as leverageBaseball Commissioner Rob Manfred says he feels “sorry for the fans in Oakland” about the Athletics’ plans to relocate to Las Vegas but denies claims by Oakland’s mayor that…
Leer más »
Manfred: ‘Sorry’ for Oakland fans; A’s can compete in VegasBaseball Commissioner Rob Manfred says he feels “sorry for the fans in Oakland” about the Athletics’ plans to relocate to Las Vegas but denies claims by Oakland’s mayor that…
Leer más »
Manfred: 'Sorry' for Oakland fans; A's can compete in VegasBaseball Commissioner Rob Manfred says he feels “sorry for the fans in Oakland” about the Athletics' plans to relocate to Las Vegas but denies claims by Oakland's mayor that the franchise used negotiations with the city as leverage. Manfred discussed the A's plans Monday during a meeting with the Associated Press Sports Editors. The franchise announced last week it has signed a binding agreement to purchase land for a new retractable roof ballpark close to the Las Vegas Strip after being unable to construct a new venue in Oakland. Manfred believes the A's can be more competitive in Vegas.
Leer más »