Letter to Biden explains why the CIA wants to withhold parts of JFK files

Argentina Noticias Noticias

Letter to Biden explains why the CIA wants to withhold parts of JFK files
Argentina Últimas Noticias,Argentina Titulares
  • 📰 Newsweek
  • ⏱ Reading Time:
  • 64 sec. here
  • 3 min. at publisher
  • 📊 Quality Score:
  • News: 29%
  • Publisher: 52%

A CIA spokesperson told Newsweek that 95 percent of the agency's documents pertaining to the JFK assassination have now been released 'in their entirety.'

in 1992, thousands of documents have become publicly accessible, with the most recent data release occurring last year.

Some information in the CIA's Kennedy assassination files also included"unacknowledged CIA operations in support of covert actions worldwide," the public release of which Burns said were"likely to impair the US Government's ability to accomplish the objectives of the covert action and the CIA's operations in support of these programs."

In 1992, Congress ordered that all files related to the Kennedy assassination be"eventually disclosed" to the public."The vast majority" of the files was made publicly available by the late 1990s, according to NARA, with additional documents released in the last few years. In October 2021, Biden sought to release more of the redacted documents and ordered a review by NARA officials, with other agencies able to petition for the continued withholding of sensitive material.

The spokesperson reiterated Burns' previous statement that all of the CIA's information"directly related" to the Kennedy assassination was previously released and said that, as of Thursday, 95 percent of all CIA documents related to the assassination"have been released in their entirety, and no documents remain fully redacted or withheld in their entirety."

Hemos resumido esta noticia para que puedas leerla rápidamente. Si estás interesado en la noticia, puedes leer el texto completo aquí. Leer más:

Newsweek /  🏆 468. in US

Argentina Últimas Noticias, Argentina Titulares

Similar News:También puedes leer noticias similares a ésta que hemos recopilado de otras fuentes de noticias.

Biden Releases Most JFK Assassination Records — But Withholds ThousandsBiden Releases Most JFK Assassination Records — But Withholds ThousandsPresident Joe Biden’s administration released more than 13,000 records of President John F. Kennedy’s assassination Thursday, but it fell short of fully complying with the spirit of a 30-year-old law demanding transparency by now.
Leer más »

US unseals thousands of classified JFK assassination documentsUS unseals thousands of classified JFK assassination documentsPresident Biden ordered the release of 12,879 documents relating to the attack, including many from the CIA's personality file on Lee Harvey Oswald that it maintained both before and after JFK's killing. FOX13
Leer más »

National Archives releases over 13,000 JFK assassination filesNational Archives releases over 13,000 JFK assassination filesThe trove of documents were made public after Biden issued an executive order authorizing their release.
Leer más »

Biden releases most JFK assassination records — but withholds thousandsBiden releases most JFK assassination records — but withholds thousandsThe Biden administration released more than 13,000 records of JFK's assassination, but fell short of fully complying with a 30-year-old law demanding transparency by now.
Leer más »

Biden orders release of more than 11,000 unredacted JFK assassination filesBiden orders release of more than 11,000 unredacted JFK assassination filesThe National Archives is set to disclose more records amid a yearslong battle to uncover some of the most sensitive material related to Kennedy's death.
Leer más »



Render Time: 2025-04-06 05:27:54