The Justice Department has closed its investigation into former vice president Mike Pence’s possession of potentially sensitive government documents after leaving office and will not pursue charges, according to two people familiar with the matter.
A Justice Department official sent a one-page letter to Pence’s lawyer Thursday informing him of the decision, said the people, who spoke on the condition of anonymity to discuss a federal investigation.expected to enter the race for the 2024 Republican presidential nomination next weekThe investigation into Pence’s potential mishandling of government materials launched earlier this year.
brought in outside counsel with experience handling classified materials to search records stored in his Indiana homeThe lawyer, Greg Jacob, said in a Jan. 18 letter to the National Archives that the outside counsel “identified a small number of documents that could potentially contain sensitive or classified information interspersed throughout the records.” Jacob said that Pence was “ready and willing to cooperate fully.
Argentina Últimas Noticias, Argentina Titulares
Similar News:También puedes leer noticias similares a ésta que hemos recopilado de otras fuentes de noticias.
Justice Department Sues Coal Companies Owned by Family of West Virginia Gov. Jim JusticeThe department is suing businesses owned by the family of West Virginia Gov. Jim Justice over allegations they failed to pay more than $5 million in civil penalties for mining violations.
Leer más »
Justice Department sues West Virginia governor's coal empire seeking unpaid fines | CNN PoliticsThe Justice Department announced a lawsuit Wednesday against West Virginia Gov. Jim Justice’s coal empire, seeking more than $5 million in unpaid civil penalties and fees.
Leer más »
Reports say Justice Department has tape of Trump discussing holding onto classified docsThe Justice Department has obtained an audio recording of former President Donald Trump from after he left office in which he talks about holding onto a classified Pentagon document related to a potential attack on Iran, according to media reports.
Leer más »
Rubio requests Justice Department probe TikTok CEO for misleading CongressSen. Marco Rubio wants the Justice Department to investigate TikTok CEO Shou Zi Chew for allegedly misleading Congress about where it kept Americans' data.
Leer más »
Justice Department Orders 32 Schools in Mississippi to DesegregateMississippi has the highest percentage of Black residents of any state. It has been home, as have other states, to legal fights over desegregation.
Leer más »
Department of Justice tells Pence it won't seek criminal charges in documents probeThe DOJ has notified Mike Pence that no criminal charges will be sought in their probe into his handling of classified documents after leaving office.
Leer más »