Articles and videos about Gilgo Beach murders: Suspect charged with killing 3 victims on FOX 29 News Philadelphia.
During a press conference Friday, Suffolk County District Attorney Ray Tierney wanted to thank the victims in this case. "You know, it's always inspiring as a prosecutor when you get to meet the victims and while sometimes our defendants could embody the very worst of humanity, it seems that invariably our victims embody the very best of what it means to be human. And in this case, it was no different," Tierney said.
Officers and troopers remained at the home, near the corner of Michigan Avenue and First Avenue, into Friday morning. Just after 9 a.m. several crime scene technicians dressed in clean suits entered the home in a group and came out a half-hour later to comb through the yard.Law enforcement on the scene of a home in Massapequa Park, connected to the Gilgo Beach murders investigation.
"This is nuts. It’s really, really crazy. You never know who your neighbors are, right? It’s crazy," Petroni continued. "Thank god he’s been caught, right? It’s a relief. Everybody’s always wondering who this guy was. And he lived a couple of houses away from me."File: An aerial view of police cars near where a body was discovered in the area near Gilgo Beach and Ocean Parkway on Long Island on April 15, 2011 in Wantagh, New York.
Determining who killed them, and why, has vexed a slew of seasoned homicide detectives through several changes in police leadership. Last year, an interagency task force was formed with investigators from the FBI, as well as state and local police departments, aimed at solving the case.The formation of the Gilgo Beach task force represents a renewed commitment to investigating the unsolved killings, Suffolk County Police Commissioner Rodney Harrison said.
Argentina Últimas Noticias, Argentina Titulares
Similar News:También puedes leer noticias similares a ésta que hemos recopilado de otras fuentes de noticias.
Gilgo Beach murders: Long Beach serial killer suspect arrested and identified by policeA suspect in the notorious Gilgo Beach serial killings that occurred on Long Island, New York, more than a decade ago is now in police custody as of Friday morning.
Leer más »
Gilgo Beach murders: Suspect in Long Island serial killings in custody, officials sayA suspect is in custody in the Gilgo Beach murders, a law enforcement official and two government officials said on Friday, in a case that captured national attention and confounded police on Long Island, New York, for more than a decade.
Leer más »
Gilgo Beach murders: Suspect in Long Island serial killings in custody, officials sayEleven sets of human remains have been found on a stretch of highway in Suffolk County after police began searching along Ocean Parkway for Shannan Gilbert, a 24-year-old sex worker from New Jersey who vanished in 2010.
Leer más »
Gilgo Beach murders: Suspect arrested in connection with long-unsolved Long Island serial killingsA person has been taken into custody on Long Island in connection with the Gilgo Beach murders, multiple law enforcement sources have told ABC News.
Leer más »
Gilgo Beach murders: Suspect taken into custodyA suspect has been taken into custody in connection with a long-unsolved string of killings, known as the Gilgo Beach murders, according to a law enforcement official who spoke to The Associated Press.
Leer más »