Federal judge denies motion to move Nancy Pelosi's husband attack trial out of San Francisco

Argentina Noticias Noticias

Federal judge denies motion to move Nancy Pelosi's husband attack trial out of San Francisco
Argentina Últimas Noticias,Argentina Titulares
  • 📰 nbcsandiego
  • ⏱ Reading Time:
  • 25 sec. here
  • 2 min. at publisher
  • 📊 Quality Score:
  • News: 13%
  • Publisher: 51%

David DePape's defense attorneys argued that the intense publicity the case has received means he won't get a fair trial in the city.

, saying she wasn't convinced the court wouldn't be able to find impartial and fair jurors in the San Francisco Bay Area.

Federal public defender Angela Chuang said local media attention has tainted the pool of jurors. In its motion asking for the change of venue, the defense said a survey it commissioned shows many potential jurors already believe DePape is guilty of the crimes and would be unable to change their minds.

She also said it could be hard to find such a jury in Eureka because the population the court could pull from is 326,000, compared to 5.5 million in the Bay Area.

Hemos resumido esta noticia para que puedas leerla rápidamente. Si estás interesado en la noticia, puedes leer el texto completo aquí. Leer más:

nbcsandiego /  🏆 524. in US

Argentina Últimas Noticias, Argentina Titulares

Similar News:También puedes leer noticias similares a ésta que hemos recopilado de otras fuentes de noticias.

San Francisco judge denies change of venue for trial in attack on Nancy Pelosi's husbandSan Francisco judge denies change of venue for trial in attack on Nancy Pelosi's husbandA federal judge on Wednesday denied a request from David DePape's lawyers to move the trial in the attack on former U.S. House Speaker Nancy Pelosi's husband.
Leer más »

Defense wants trial in attack against Nancy Pelosi's husband moved from San FranciscoDefense wants trial in attack against Nancy Pelosi's husband moved from San FranciscoThe man charged in last year’s attack against former U.S. House Speaker Nancy Pelosi’s husband is scheduled to appear in federal court Wednesday to request the trial be moved out of San Francisco
Leer más »

Defense wants trial in attack against Nancy Pelosi's husband moved from San FranciscoDefense wants trial in attack against Nancy Pelosi's husband moved from San FranciscoLawyers for the man charged in last year’s attack against former U.S. House Speaker Nancy Pelosi’s husband want his federal trial to be moved out of San Francisco, saying intense publicity means he won’t get a fair trial. The trial is set to start Nov. 13.
Leer más »

Paul Pelosi attack: Judge rejects moving DePape trial out of San FranciscoPaul Pelosi attack: Judge rejects moving DePape trial out of San FranciscoA federal judge on Wednesday denied a motion to move the trial of a man charged in last year's attack against former U.S. House Speaker Nancy Pelosi's husband​ at their San Francisco home.
Leer más »

Judge rejects moving trial of man charged in Paul Pelosi attack out of San FranciscoJudge rejects moving trial of man charged in Paul Pelosi attack out of San FranciscoA federal judge on Wednesday denied a motion to move the trial of a man charged in last year’s attack against former U.S. House Speaker Nancy Pelosi’s husband out of San Francisco, saying she wasn’t convinced the court wouldn’t be able to find impartial and fair jurors in the San Francisco Bay Area.
Leer más »

Suspect arrested in South San Francisco armed robberySuspect arrested in South San Francisco armed robberyThe incident was reported on July 12 in the 1100 block of Mission Road.
Leer más »



Render Time: 2025-04-03 16:11:53