Failed SFGiants physical allows Mets to swoop in and snag big-name free agent CarlosCorrea.
CHICAGO, ILLINOIS - OCTOBER 05: Carlos Correa #4 of the Minnesota Twins looks on against the Chicago White Sox at Guaranteed Rate Field on October 05, 2022 in Chicago, Illinois. In a wild twist overnight, Carlos Correa has agreed to sign with the New York Mets hours after his pending deal with the San Francisco Giants fell apart, according to media reports.
The Giants postponed a news conference Tuesday to introduce Correa after a medical concern arose during his physical, according to two people with direct knowledge of the situation. The people spoke to The Associated Press on condition of anonymity because the Giants had not announced publicly any details regarding Correa's $350 million, 13-year agreement, not even that Tuesday's availability was scheduled in order to introduce him.
The media availability had been scheduled for 11 a.m. PST at Oracle Park, but it was called off about three hours before it was to take place. The Giants did not provide an explanation as to why.New York was in talks with Correa and still pursuing him just before he agreed to sign with the Giants, The Post reported. "We kind of picked up where we were before and it just worked out," Cohen told the newspaper.
The 28-year-old Correa terminated his deal and went back on the free-agent market. Correa's guarantee from the Giants would have been the fourth-largest in baseball history. Mike Trout got a $426.5 million, 12-year contract with the Los Angeles Angels, Mookie Betts has a $365 million, 12-year agreement with the Los Angeles Dodgers and Aaron Judge is getting $360 million for nine years to remain with the New York Yankees in an agreement announced Tuesday.
Argentina Últimas Noticias, Argentina Titulares
Similar News:También puedes leer noticias similares a ésta que hemos recopilado de otras fuentes de noticias.
Giants stunner: Carlos Correa agrees to free-agent deal with Mets, says reportMets reportedly swoop in late Tuesday and agree to 10-year, $310 million deal with Correa.
Leer más »
Giants left at the altar; Carlos Correa reportedly agrees to deal with New York MetsFree agent star Carlos Correa has balked on a deal to sign with the San Francisco Giants.
Leer más »
Carlos Correa agrees to $315M deal with New York Mets after contract with San Francisco Giants falls throughCarlos Correa has agreed to a new deal with the New York Mets after a failed physical caused a previous $350 million agreement with the San Francisco Giants to fall through.
Leer más »
EXCLUSIVE: Mets owner Steve Cohen launches ‘visioning sessions’ on future developments around Citi Field – QNS.comWhile the New York Mets introduce new pitcher Kodai Senga to the media at Citi Field Monday, Dec. 19, owner Steve Cohen will also be announcing the launch of
Leer más »