Floods that killed at least 13 people in Italy's northern Emilia-Romagna region caused billions of euros' worth of damage and hit agriculture particularly hard, the regional governor said
Torrential rains this week devastated the eastern side of the region, known as Romagna, with up to 300 landslides, 23 overflowing rivers, some 400 roads damaged or destroyed, and 42 flooded municipalities.
The death toll rose to 13 on Thursday when four more bodies were found. In the small town of Russi two people, aged 73 and 71, were found dead together in their home, local authorities said. The government has promised an extra 20 million euros in emergency aid, on top of the 10 million euros allocated in response to, which is based in Emilia-Romagna, announced a 1-million-euro donation.At least 10,000 people were forced to leave their homes, and many of those who remained in flooded areas were left with no electricity. One of the dead was swept away from her home and washed up on a beach some 20 km away.
Argentina Últimas Noticias, Argentina Titulares
Similar News:También puedes leer noticias similares a ésta que hemos recopilado de otras fuentes de noticias.
Formula One's Emilia-Romagna Grand Prix canceled because of deadly floods in ItalyThis weekend’s Emilia-Romagna Grand Prix in northern Italy has been canceled because of deadly floods. Formula One said it made the decision for safety reasons and to avoid any extra burden on the emergency services. F1 personnel had earlier been told to stay away from the track after floods affected large parts of the Emilia-Romagna region. Some residents of the nearby city of Imola were warned to move to higher floors of their homes. The Santerno River runs right next to the track. It is the second race on the 2023 calendar to be canceled. The Chinese Grand Prix was scheduled for April but was canceled in December amid concerns about pandemic-related restrictions.
Leer más »
F1 Emilia-Romagna Grand Prix canceled because of deadly floods in Italy - AutoblogF1 has canceled its race in Imola as the region deals with deadly flooding. Drivers including Lewis Hamilton and Max Verstappen gave their backing.
Leer más »
2023 F1 Emilia Romagna Grand Prix canceled due to floodsThis weekend's F1 race in Italy's northern Emilia-Romagna region has been canceled.
Leer más »
Deadly Flooding Cancels F1's Emilia-Romagna Grand Prix in Northern ItalyThis weekend’s Emilia-Romagna Grand Prix in northern Italy has been canceled because of deadly floods.
Leer más »
Formula 1 Cancels Emilia Romagna Grand Prix Over FloodingThe news comes just one day after personnel at Imola were evacuated due to flooding in the region.
Leer más »
Formula One's Emilia Romagna Grand Prix Canceled Due To Severe FloodingFormula One's Emilia Romagna Grand Prix has been scrapped due to severe weather and flooding in Italy.
Leer más »