Boeing “probably should not have taken” the “very unique set of risks” that came with the deal, admitted David Calhoun.
Boeing’s CEO is lamenting the deal that his company cut with former PresidentDavid Calhoun said “it was a public negotiation” and “we took some risks” in accepting a fixed-price contract that made Boeing responsible if it cost more than expected to convert two Boeing 747 jumbo jets into presidential planes.
Calhoun commented on the planes when an analyst asked him about the matter during a call to discuss Boeing’s first-quarter earnings results. The companyBoeing’s CEO is lamenting the deal that his company cut with former President Donald Trump to produce new Air Force One jets.Calhoun was on the board but he was not CEO when Boeing agreed to the $3.
“Yes, they were written off the day we took them, knowing that we would be investing a fair amount of our own money” in the planes, Calhoun said.Back in 2018, Boeing tweeted that it was “proud to build the next generation of Air Force One, providing American presidents with a flying White House at outstanding value to taxpayers.” The Trump White House said the deal would save taxpayers more than $1.4 billion.
The jets are being outfitted with advanced communications equipment, work spaces, sleeping areas and other features that make it a flying office for the president. The work is taking place in San Antonio, Texas.that it blamed for delays last year. On Wednesday, Boeing officials said the pandemic and supply-chain issues have also slowed the work.
It’s unclear what the planes will look like. Trump took a keen interest in the planes and even promoted his own paint job which is still
Argentina Últimas Noticias, Argentina Titulares
Similar News:También puedes leer noticias similares a ésta que hemos recopilado de otras fuentes de noticias.
Boeing CEO calls Trump’s Air Force One deal a risk it ‘probably shouldn’t have taken’COVID has made the project more difficult and expensive.
Leer más »
Boeing CEO Dave Calhoun says company probably shouldn't have made Trump-era Air Force One dealThe company has already lost $660 million developing the two 747 jets for the fleet following a 2018 deal Trump made with the company that makes Boeing foot the bill for all cost changes in the development process.
Leer más »
Boeing posts $1.2 billion loss in Q1, worse than expectedBoeing is reporting a money-losing quarter as both its civilian-airplane division and the defense business are struggling
Leer más »
Boeing posts $1.2 billion loss in Q1, worse than expectedBoeing is reporting a money-losing quarter as both its civilian-airplane division and the defense business are struggling
Leer más »
Boeing gears up for crucial space mission in May | Digital TrendsBoeing and its launch partners are making final preparations for the next test flight of the beleaguered Starliner CST100 spacecraft.
Leer más »
Boeing Looked for Flaws in Its Dreamliner and Couldn’t Stop Finding ThemUnder pressure from the FAA, the plane maker increased scrutiny of its manufacturing. The result has been a string of Dreamliner delays that have become headaches for both Boeing and the airlines waiting for delivery. “What happens when you take a microscope to anything?”
Leer más »