Arrest made after 90-year-old NYC candy store owner brutally assaulted

Argentina Noticias Noticias

Arrest made after 90-year-old NYC candy store owner brutally assaulted
Argentina Últimas Noticias,Argentina Titulares
  • 📰 fox5ny
  • ⏱ Reading Time:
  • 52 sec. here
  • 2 min. at publisher
  • 📊 Quality Score:
  • News: 24%
  • Publisher: 51%

Police arrested and charged a man in connection with the brutal assault of a 90-year-old Manhattan candy store owner.

Luis Peroza, 39, was charged Friday night with assault in the attack right outside the store owner's shop.

The NYPD had released images of a person of interest wanted in connection with the attack. He was seen pushing a shopping cart down a sidewalk.. He said he was on the sidewalk in front of Ray's Candy Store around 3 a.m. when two men carrying cases of seltzer water walked up and tried to get him to buy them.

When he declined, Alvarez said one of the men threatened him and pulled out what appeared to be a belt with a rock attached to it and assaulted him in the face. He collapsed onto the ground and the men got away."I feel good," Alvarez said on Thursday afternoon, but admitted that he still can't chew food.Community rallies around candy shop owner set to turn 90

The East Village community is raising money to make sure the owner of a beloved candy store set to turn 90 can stay in business as long as he likes.when his shop was having financial problems. Ray's Candy Store has been in the neighborhood since 1974.Alvarez came from Iran in the 1960s and became a U.S. citizen.

Hemos resumido esta noticia para que puedas leerla rápidamente. Si estás interesado en la noticia, puedes leer el texto completo aquí. Leer más:

fox5ny /  🏆 587. in US

Argentina Últimas Noticias, Argentina Titulares

Similar News:También puedes leer noticias similares a ésta que hemos recopilado de otras fuentes de noticias.

NYC paid out more than $121 million in police misconduct lawsuits: dataNYC paid out more than $121 million in police misconduct lawsuits: dataThe tally for 2022 doesn’t even include the $13 million payout to the family of Khalil Islam, who died in 2009 — highlighting how the city’s report remains woefully incomplete, despite …
Leer más »

NYC spent $121M on lawsuit payouts for claims of police misconduct in 2022NYC spent $121M on lawsuit payouts for claims of police misconduct in 2022Payouts for lawsuits against the NYPD topped $121 million in 2022, nearly doubling the amount spent to settle claims of officer misconduct just two years earlier.
Leer más »

NYC paid out $121M in police misconduct settlements in 2022, Legal Aid Society saysNYC paid out $121M in police misconduct settlements in 2022, Legal Aid Society saysA new report from the Legal Aid Society found that New York City paid out $121 million in police misconduct settlements last year.
Leer más »

Hollywood high-rise arrest: Police say gun pointed at park; multiple weapons seizedHollywood high-rise arrest: Police say gun pointed at park; multiple weapons seizedA man was arrested on suspicion of making criminal threats Tuesday, and police said they found several 'high-powered' firearms, including one pointed out of a window at a public park.
Leer más »

Arrest made in deadly shooting on Anastasia Boulevard, police sayArrest made in deadly shooting on Anastasia Boulevard, police saySt. Augustine police are investigating a fatal shooting that happened early Thursday morning on Anastasia Boulevard.
Leer más »

Police arrest burglary suspects after chase across highway 4, BART tracksPolice arrest burglary suspects after chase across highway 4, BART tracksTwo men led Antioch police on a wild chase Wednesday involving an alleged burglary, a smashed-up police vehicle, a helicopter, and the suspects running across BART tracks in the middle of state Highway 4.
Leer más »



Render Time: 2025-04-03 10:09:29